Missing Page from the Book
During publishing of this book a page was excluded. This missing page belongs between pages 333 and 334. Below is the contents of the missing page and a link to download the contents.
- The Missing Page (download PDF)
Here is a quote from the late Dr. Robert Reymond of Knox Theological Seminary:
National Israel, except for its elect remnant, would be judged, and the special standing that it had enjoyed during the old dispensation would be given to the already emerging international church of Jesus Christ made up of both the elect Jewish remnant and elect Gentiles.
- Allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture, we see that the forty-two months here is the same as the last three and a half years spoken of in Daniel 9:20-27. We see in verse 3 below that this same period of time is referred to as 1,260 days. All of these time periods represent the church age.
- See the expository study notes of Daniel 9:27 under verses 13-14 of chapter 12.
- Perhaps the Apostle John sees the Church Triumphant in terms of the heavenly temple, and the Church Militant on the earth—the outer court—now trampled down by the Gentiles for forty-two months (the remaining three and a half years of Daniel’s seventy weeks of prophecy).
- This condition lasts throughout the forty-two months, which is symbolic of the church age; that is the time, times, and one-half time, or 1,260 days—the last three-and-a-half-year period in Daniel 9:20-27.
- Just as in chapter 7 where true believers are numbered, here in this text they are “measured.” This could mean that God’s saints are protected and preserved for salvation.
- See Zechariah 2:12 for comparison.
The Identity of the Two Witnesses (11:3-4)
Verses 3-4a: And I will give power to my two witnesses [the true witnessing Church], and they will prophesy for 1,260 days [i.e., the church age], clothed in sackcloth.” These are the two olive trees
 Reymond, Robert. “Who Really Owns the ‘Holy Land’?” The Trinity Review, 2006, http://www.trinityfoundation.org/journal.php?id=225.